WordPress is the most popular blog script. It’s easy to install, you can find the guide of installation on the WordPress official site. However, the guide may be a little complicated for beginners. So I’d like to introduce the installation in a simple way.
- Download the WordPress package, if you haven’t already.
- Create a database for WordPress on your server. You need to setup the database name, user name and password during the progress.
- Upload the WordPress zip package into the root directory of your web server. (Unzip the file if needed since the server may do this automatically during uploading progress).
- Visit the domain name you set for the site, then the progress of installation will run automatically.
- Enter the info of the database you’ve created. i.e. host name which you can find on your hosting account, and database name / database user name / password you set before.
That’s all for installation. Then you can choose a theme, install plugins as you need to make your site powerful.